Sunday, April 28, 2013

Fresh or Alternative?


Orange and Pinks Satin Bridal Bouquet by Elegance On The Avenue 
$90
Photo by Pellegrino Fotography


Bouquet of peonies, calla lilies, ranunculuses, circus roses, and poppies
$175  Photo: Janae Shields Photography

When I married for the first time in 1981, I carried a lovely bouquet of Cybidium Orchids. The bouquet was exquisite, cascading and fresh. My parents had it preserved for me and Dad made a glass display box for it. It ended up in the attic for years.

When I remarried in 2012, I wanted to carry a bouquet that I could keep. Something I could personalize, a memorable piece that would be a memento of my wedding. So, I made one.



 My bouquet 

Photography by Pellegrino Fotography


I didn't save any money, but I did start a business! Elegance On The Avenue Custom Satin Bridal Bouquets creates heirloom, custom satin brooch and jeweled bridal bouquets.



I wondered if my brides were actually saving any money by purchasing from me. What would the comparison cost be?  Can alternative bouquets be a savings? Well, here are the results. All fresh bouquets are from Brides.com.  The comparable alternative Elegance On The Avenue bouquet is pictured.


Bouquet of garden roses, sweet peas, lisianthuses, cymbidium orchids, and dusty miller  $250   Photo: Elle Jae



 Blush, White Lace Pearl Bridal Bouquet $145

Bouquet of café au lait dahlias, Juliet roses, silver brunia, dusty miller, mini calla lilies, ranunculuses, and blush roses
$275
Photo: Steve DePino Photography










Jessie's Summer Garden Crystal
Bridal Bouquet by Elegance On The Avenue
$285

Alternative bouquets are not for everyone; I understand that, but they do provide personalized, customized heirloom mementos that last a lifetime. Consider one.


I have to show you one more, Reader. I adore all my brides, but this one is a really adorable young woman. Her name is Julia and she loves turtles.

This is a sneak peak of her Maid of Honor bouquet. See the little turtle? I can't show you Julia's bouquet because it contains a few secrets. I love to do that.

Each bouquet I make is an act of love.





Check us out.

http://www.eleganceontheavenue.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/EleganceOnTheAvenue
http://www.facebook.com/EleganceOnTheAvenue

No comments:

Post a Comment