Saturday, April 20, 2013

Frustration

I probably could stop right here.

The picture says it all.

You know the feeling. Nothing is going as planned.

I have heard it said that if you want to make God laugh, make a plan. Reader, He must be rolling over in side-splitting laughter.

About two weeks ago, I decided to revamp my website, www.eleganceontheavenue.com (getting that plug in there). I transferred web-hosts. I purchased a template. I downloaded everything the site said I would need. And I proceeded to create.

God's laughing now just thinking about it. I, however, wasn't laughing.

I consider my self relatively intelligent. I successfully completed college. Three times. I can think. I am creative. I am technologically savvy. Oh, He is really laughing now.

"It's easy," said the techno geek I chatted with.

That didn't make me laugh.

After two weeks of wasting time and crashing my site, I called on my new friend Rick O'Neil of  O'Neil Studios. Rick created my business logo (beautiful) and is BRILLIANT.  Check out this logo:



But the pinnacle is my magazine ad for Virginia Bride . You will have to click on the link to see it. (You can work a bit).  Rick is wonderful. He is friendly and very helpful. His work is FANTASTIC. I highly recommend O'Neil Studios. Photography. Branding packages. Web ads. He did advertisements for me, and now I am returning the favor. Thank you, Rick.

I am still technologically challenged. But I have friends. I still don't know how to put a website together without crashing it. But I have friends. And maybe God won't laugh at me. Well, at least today.



No comments:

Post a Comment